Saturday, May 4, 2013

Don't Over-Dramatize Your Eyebrows!

A new trend I see popping up all over facebook and instagram are these super thick, super dramatic eyebrows, and it has to stop! Yes, eyebrows are a big part of your look, but you don't need to over-do it. I'm going to show you how I do my subtle, yet still sophisticated eyebrow.

I have naturally weird eyebrows. They grow in splotchy, and they're a weird shape. I bought an NYC dark brown eyebrow pencil, and now no one has to know how weird my eyebrows are.

They start out looking like this.


When you're filling in your eyebrows, you have 3 essential points to focus on. 

#1 - Inner

#2 - Highest point of arch

#3 - And, last but not least, outer. 

You want all these points to come together in a smooth line. Drawing dots at these points may help, so you know where to start, continue, and stop. You always want to make sure you fill in these points, because they're what make a distinguished eyebrow. You want the brow to start out thicker, but not too thick, then become thinner, but not too thin. Keep a consistent line at the top of your brow, it should be straight, and not slope down. Fill in your brow with these points in mind. Almost like connect the dots. Hehe.

After filling it in, it may be too dark, like this. You always want to put the pencil on your brow lightly, because it will be very dark if you put force on it. 

Dark, thick eyebrows bring masculinity to the face, and I don't think any girl wants to look masculine. I blot my eyebrows with a piece of toilet paper, taking a lot of the darkness and sharpness out. I also usually put a white/cream colored powder/eyeshadow directly under my eyebrow, to help lift and highlight, but got a little too lazy tonight because it's 10pm hehe. 


Wow, what a neat eyebrow, not too thick and not overpowering and you can't even tell that I have dumb splotchy eyebrows :-)


Thank you for reading even though this was done pretty sloppily :)



No comments:

Post a Comment